Great opportunities in journalism, theatre, and museums, plus graduate masterclasses

Great opportunities in journalism, theatre, and museums, plus graduate masterclasses

by Felicity Bush -
Number of replies: 0

Hi there, 

I hope you're enjoying a bit of down time now that the semester is over! If you're looking for something to do, here is a quick round up of some great opportunities: 

Micro-internships

The micro-internship scheme run by QM Careers is amazing (find out full details here). With support from the internships team, you can gain real-life work experience, build your skillset, bolster your CV, and work for amazing organisations. In particular, there is an opportunity to be a Production Assistant Intern at Theatre Peckham,  Trainee Journalist Intern at Voice Magazine, Research Development Intern at Poplar Union, and Schools Learning Officer Intern at the Ragged School Museum. These are great opportunities, and the deadline is this Sunday 4th June. 

Ambassador role for a publisher over the next academic year

Gale is an international publisher of digital archives and other library resources such as eBooks; many primary source archives (including the digital archives of The Times, The Telegraph, and The Economist) are published by Gale. They are looking for an ambassador to raise awareness over the course of the next academic year; find out more details and apply here.

Tortoise Media Journalism School

Tortoise Media is starting an alternative to traditional journalism internships, with a week-long intensive training experience in their new Journalism School. It is free to attend, meals are provided, and you will have access to experienced reporters and editors as well as the opportunity to pitch and write stories for Tortoise. Follow the link above for more details and instructions on how to apply, the deadline is 9th June. 

Graduate masterclasses

If you have just finished your degree, congratulations and well done! If you are now turning your mind towards what is next, take a look at our schedule of graduate masterclass workshops. From the 5th to the 9th of June we have a packed roster of workshops and events, including "Help! I don't know what to do next or how to look for jobs", and "How and why you should build a standout LinkedIn profile", as well as CV clinics, alumni panels, and "Should I do a Masters?". See the full listings and book yourself a space here

I hope this is helpful. Do remember that the Careers & Enterprise service is open all year round; check out our website at qmul.ac.uk/careers, or drop me a line if you have any questions or want to book an appointment. 

Best, 

Fliss

Careers Consultant for the School of English and Drama