Interview (web’s questionnaire) for AIDS patients

Interview (web’s questionnaire) for AIDS patients

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 8

Since the first case of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) had been detected, it is still a focus issue in global public health and unfortunately there are not kinds of therapies which can completely cure AIDS. Therefore, AIDS patients have more pressures from the society and public areas. No one wants to make other people think that they have HIV. So, the interview on web is a more a private and secure environment for them than the interview in face to face. By this method, we always can get more reality answer and deduce more accurate policy to help them.

The aim of the research would to be calculating how many people get HIV and evaluate what can be affected and the effect of degrees of the HIV infection brings to them.

Topics

Psychological impact for AIDS patients

Physical impact for AIDS patients

Environment and patients

Questions

Do you think the HIV infection brings you a big stress in life?

Does anyone know that you have a HIV infection?

If yes, who knows?

How did they know that you are AIDS parient?

Do you feel any stigma and discrimination from them? Give an incident (or more you are treated)

Do you think it has it affect you life? 

Which aspects you have affected? 

-       Aspect form family

-       Aspect form workplace/ shcool

-       Aspect form friends

-       Aspect from society and public areas

-       Aspect from others

Have you even been rejected to get access of doing something?

If no,

Are you very worry about people knowing it?  

What are your concerns when people knowing it?

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Interview (web’s questionnaire) for AIDS patients

by Deleted user -

i really like your post yan.. i just like to add some point.. nt sure though about it.. can we add questions regarding his health condition like how does he feel with the changes of his health condition? how the doctor treat him and thier behaviour towards him?well  i guess these are more clinical aspects of HIV...:)

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

I like the topic youve chosen here yan. You've nicely covered the psychological impact of AIDS and i do think that AIDS patients have to go through alot of social biases and discriminations.

In regard to the physical impact of HIV on a patient, you could ask them about the side effects of the medication. Since they take combination of two or in some cases three antiretroviral drugs ie HAART( highly active retroviral therapy). 

This therapy is very strong and  can  worsen the psychological state of a patient.

Cheers :)

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

Thanks for you advice and I think the point of side effects form medication cannot be omitted! It's a really good reminder!

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

Of course, Esha. That's a great idea you brought. The treatment form doctor is crucial impact. A eutherapeutic method should take some significant benifits to metal and physical aspects. I think we will do better for making policies and formulating relatived plan in the issue of AIDS pacients suffered if we have collect some information or directions about this topic. But the problem is that do they reflect the true situation what is doctor's intention. Different people maybe have different responds.   

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

Very nice post Yan! I think that psycological impact of AIDS should be taken into consideration since there is a lot of fear and discrimination towards the HIV infected.

I also like that you bring up how comfortable people may feel to talk about their diagnosis to relatives or friends.

I would insist more on asking about their family's  behaviour towards them and respectively which patients' reaction to their family is. For instance,how do they deal with a potential disagreement? What annoyes them the most after their diagnosis?Maybe it's a more psychological approach but I find it really interesting to explore the attitude from a beloved person of theirs. Everyday life with your family is what you face most and it may be tough sometimes.

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

Yeah! I agree with you that the big challenge for AIDS pacients when they facing to thier beloved. This respect is one of the posers which is rarely related to talk and deal with due to the over sensibility. That is why we need to change. Only after the patients candidly reveal feelings can they get better helps form psychologist and I hope the internet's interview can really supply as a good service platform to patients and public health system.

In reply to Deleted user

by Sadhana Sharanya Jacob -

I agree with everyone that this is a good post. I especially like that you thought about doing it over the internet as this can be a very sensitive topic. I like that you have focused the questions on the impact the condition has on their lives as this may not be something the doctors' treating them can give enough time to discuss. I agree with Anam that treatment is a big aspect of HIV and would suggest a few questions on the psychologocal aspect of taking so many pills in what can sometimes be very difficult and almost life-constricting regimes. 

In reply to Sadhana Sharanya Jacob

by Patricia Greenhalgh -

Okay everyone, great discussion but what makes Han's questions RESEARCH?  Or how could they be sharpened to make them research?

I will buy a drink at Madingley Hall for the person who gives the best post to this question!