Student life advice and tips

Student life advice and tips

by Jol-Esther Verard -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I thought we could start a thread and share useful coping mechanism with each other now that the academic year is in full swing. 

Including, but not limited to 

• Executive Dysfunction
  • Anxiety/being overwhelmed
  • Understanding assignments
  • Working with other students
  • etc 
In reply to Jol-Esther Verard

Re: Student life advice and tips

by Melanie Dupin -
Thank you for starting this thread, I think this is an excellent idea to share examples of coping strategies
In reply to Jol-Esther Verard

Re: Student life advice and tips

by Daniel Gill -
Afternoon,

I have two suggestions that some people may find useful.

I have set up all my lectures, labs and exams in Google Calendar, and I have set it up such that I get a notification both to my PC's desktop and my phone 30 minutes before. This gives me some time to prepare myself for the session, and I've found it especially helpful now everything is online, helps me keep track of time. I can also add future meetings to my calendar quickly, so I don't forget about things.

I'm sure many people use this already, but a useful website for organising tasks is https://app.mystudylife.com/, it allows you to specify your sessions, the assign tasks, exams and revision to each of them. A great feature is that you can set a percentage complete on your tasks, it makes it easy to identify how much you have left to do and decide the priority of the tasks.

I hope this is helpful.

Dan