A BIT STUCK WITH WHAT TO DO NEXT?.........I WANT TO HELP OUT! NEW HISTORY CAREERS CONSULTANT ANDY WALSH IS DOING AN OPEN Q&A ON FRIDAY (31STJULY) VIA TEAMS 2PM – JOIN IN AND GET SOME IDEAS

A BIT STUCK WITH WHAT TO DO NEXT?.........I WANT TO HELP OUT! NEW HISTORY CAREERS CONSULTANT ANDY WALSH IS DOING AN OPEN Q&A ON FRIDAY (31STJULY) VIA TEAMS 2PM – JOIN IN AND GET SOME IDEAS

by Andrew Walsh -
Number of replies: 0

Hi everyone,

I'm thrilled to be part of team History and as your New Careers Coach it's my job to help you during your studies and as a recent alum so that you can have a great next step when you leave Queen Mary.

The reality is it's a tough job market out there and I'm looking to give all the tips, tricks and hints I can to help my History students find out what they want to do in life as well as being competitive when going for their first internship, job or further study position.

I'm going to be hosting an open Q&A on Friday (July 31st) via teams for all History students and I'd love for as many as can make it to join me. It'll be for 60 minutes and starting at 2 PM.

Here's the link to join: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_MWYwMDRlOGItMTEyNS00Y2FiLTljZDktYmEzODgzYTVkOTEx%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22569df091-b013-40e3-86ee-bd9cb9e25814%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2253e9ec3a-dead-4f60-a277-d9367e3a521b%22%7d 

Any questions are welcome. Suggestions include: What to do after a History degree, where to start job hunting, how to stand out on your CV, how to ace interviews, how do you secure an internship.

I look forward to seeing it then,

Have a great week

Andy

Senior Careers Consultant for History