PAID FLEXIBLE ROLE AT SBCS

PAID FLEXIBLE ROLE AT SBCS

by . Hira Javaid -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all,

We are recruiting a student organizer at PASS to replace me as I am graduating. This is a great experience for your CV and a great way to build some skills! Trust me, it is a great job- it is a flexible role, you do what you want, come up with crazy ideas and try them out, you are the leader, it has been so fun! You will join Amina Moussa who is the co-organizer at SBCS PASS.

The organizer is the leader of the PASS mentoring scheme, and is basically responsible for the smooth running of this scheme, ensuring a good turnout and that mentees are benefiting, expansion of the scheme and implementation of new ideas, and reporting back to staff. This year we implemented ideas such as course-specific revision sessions, a YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiY2YtgL71iKxIKleQzmtmw), anonymous surveys, a proper communication channel with mentees (via this QMplus page), amongst many other things. This is a paid role and a further job description is attached. 

The organizer should possess (at least some of) the following qualities: 
- be organized 
- be creative 
- have the ability to follow through and implement new ideas
- be independent
- be reliable and responsible 
- have good time-management

Students starting their PENULTIMATE year (second year of a three-year degree or third year of a four-year degree) in 2017/18 are eligible to apply for student organizer.

HOW TO APPLY:  

Fill in the attached application form and email it to me and the SBCS co-organizer, Amina Moussa, at 

Please send this to us by 15th July. If you have applied already, you do not need to reapply.

Kind regards,
Hira