Information about Choosing Your Modules in the School of English and Drama
How to Complete the Module Preferences Form (MPF)
- Students within the School of English and Drama
- Students within the School of English and Drama during Semester Two Only (for students who are studying abroad during Semester One, or returning from a period of interruption in January 2021)
- Students External to the School of English and Drama
- Before identifying your module preferences for next year, make sure you’ve read and understood your degree programme requirements:
- your ‘Username’ is the IT Services username you use to log into QMplus and other College services (e.g. le12345): please note that this is case-sensitive, and must only contain lower-case letters ('le12345' NOT 'LE12345' or 'Le12345')
- your ‘Password’ is your 9 digit Student Code (e.g. 123456789) that can be found on your student ID card (note that this is different from your usual Queen Mary password)
If you are applying to study abroad in Semester 1 of your second year, you must still complete the relevant online Module Preferences Form as if you will be studying at QMUL for the entire year. This is because places to study abroad are not formally confirmed until after the module selection process closes on 8 March. However, please also use the 'Additional Information' box on the Module Preferences Form to indicate which 60 credits you wish to study in Semester 2 of 2020/21 should your application to study abroad be successful.
If you are returning from a period of interruption in January 2021 you do not need to complete the Module Preferences Form. The School will re-register you on the modules you had selected during the academic year when your period of interruption commenced, and will contact you directly about this process if necessary (e.g. if the modules you originally selected are not running in 2020/21).
Students on QMUL programmes outside the School of English and Drama should follow their Home School's process for selecting modules. Use the MySIS module selection task to list any SED module(s) you wish to take unless your Home School has alternative arrangements in place (you will need to ask them). We will then approve or reject your SED module request in time for your Home School to make its final decision about your overall module allocation.
A note about the online Module Preferences Form: the School’s online Module Preferences Forms are hosted via JISC Online Surveys, an online surveys and form tool used predominantly by UK Higher Education Institutions and other public bodies. Queen Mary subscribes to JISC Online Surveys via an account administered by the e-Learning Unit. Data that you submit via the Module Preferences Form is stored in secure facilities within the UK. There is more information on the JISC Online Surveys website.
Download your Module Preferences Form Template by using the links in the bullet-points that introduce the main Module Preferences Forms. You can use the Template to plan your Module Preferences with your adviser, and to help you to prepare your answers for the online Module Preferences Form (which follow exactly the same format as these Templates).
Drama Single Honours
English Single Honours
Drama Joint Honours (except English and Drama)
English Joint Honours (except English and Drama)
- Progressing to Year 2
- Progressing to Year F (joint with History)
- Progressing to Year F (joint with a Language, Linguistics, or Film)
English and Drama Joint Honours