In the School of English and Drama we want to make the process of choosing what you study next year as straightforward and clear as possible. There are three main parts to the process:
1. READ THE MODULE DIRECTORY and discuss the modules you'd like to take next year with your Advisor;
2. visit the ONLINE MODULE FAIRS on Wednesday 15 March;
3. COMPLETE YOUR MODULE PREFERENCES FORM (MPF) and submit it online by 2 April 2023.
While we work hard to allocate you to the modules you most want to take, it is not always possible to do so for all students. The most popular modules may be oversubscribed, meaning that not all students are able to take them. The Module Preferences Form (MPF) allows you to identify a range of modules you’d like to take, and to submit your "ideal" and "reserve" preferences. Wherever possible, we assign you to the modules you list as "ideal" preferences.
Queen Mary centrally timetables all taught modules across the University. The timetable will only be generated after students' module registrations have been confirmed by academic Schools. In cases of timetable clashes, we may occasionally need to revise a student's module registrations at that stage (the School of English and Drama will contact you by email if that is the case).
The School of English and Drama does not open the MySIS module registration task for students on its programmes. (Once we have allocated you to your modules, we will register you on them directly in MySIS.) Students taking joint programmes with other Schools must follow the joint School's instructions for selecting those modules run by History/SLLF.
Use these web-pages to find out how to:
- Choose your modules in the School of English and Drama
- Ensure your module selections fulfil the requirements of your degree programme
- Complete the online Module Preferences Form
- Understand what academic 'Levels' are and how they work
- Understand the information contained in this Module Directory
If you need additional help at any stage during the process of choosing your modules for 2023/24 get in touch with any one of the following:
- your Advisor(s)
- the Administrative Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- administrative or academic staff members in your other School (if you’re a joint honours student)