The Importance of Finding New Hobbies

by Zehra Sonerman -
Number of replies: 0

TRUTH. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ What are your hobbies? ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ What were ...

Hobbies are important for many reasons, it is a way to escape when our daily lives are too much and it's also a way to come back to reality when it is needed. 

Hobbies are a way to express yourself, creatively, physically, mentally and emotionally. It is individual to you. It's a feeling and form of empowerment, courage, individualism and self-love. 

I've attached a poster below of a few of the different forms of hobbies that there are and the different ways that you can exercise those hobbies and the different formats of those hobbies.

The Importance of Finding New Hobbies - Flyer (A4) (canva.com)

I've also attached a list of a few hobbies below that may give you different ideas and hobbies that you may be interested in pursuing or trying out. 

1)Swimming

2)Reading

3)Dancing

4)Walking/Hiking

5)Painting or Drawing

6)Playing an Instrument

7)Learning a New Language 

8) Origami 

9) Volunteering 

10) Going to a free Museum in London, I've attached a link below of all of the free museums that are available in London.

36 Free Museums in London — London x London

Please do try and practice a new hobby if you have the time or if you feel like you could benefit from trying out something new.

If you feel like you could benefit in talking to someone or you feel that you have lost your sense of identity or yourself, you can contact dental.sso@qmul.ac.uk as we are here to support you.