Burnout and Fatigue

Burnout and Fatigue

by Zehra Sonerman -
Number of replies: 0

Burnout and Fatigue  

Many students have highlighted that they feel feelings of burnout and fatigue throughout the year whilst they are studying and particularly an increase during examination season. Despite the feelings of being  tired and de-energised being natural amongst students, it is not something that students should constantly feel. 

I wanted to draw your attention to a poster I've created which highlights how to cope with burnout and fatigue. 

https://www.canva.com/design/DAFi_6pMOjU/mhsU2sVK-EMTI-0r4Z9yng/edit?utm_content=DAFi_6pMOjU&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link2&utm_source=sharebutton 

 I have also attached some links down below that could better help with the different ways that students might try and deal with their feelings of burnout and fatigue.

11 Tips, Tools, and Strategies to Help You Recover from Burnout (healthline.com)

Burnout Prevention and Treatment - HelpGuide.org

Please do remember that whilst feelings of burnout and fatigue may feel like a common re-occurring feeling and an emotion that is common amongst many students, it is not something that you have to feel constantly and most importantly you are not alone. We hope that the poster or the links attached can help ease some of the stress you may feel when you feel burned out or fatigued and we hope that you can find some ways to better tackle those feelings of being worn out and fatigued.

As always Queen Mary University and the student support team within the Dentistry department is here if you want to discuss any of this further, so please do contact the Student Support Team to arrange a meeting: 

If you feel that you could benefit from speaking to somebody, then please go to the mind website attached below: