Festivals Assistant Internship, Student Consultancy Project and Young V&A opportunities

Festivals Assistant Internship, Student Consultancy Project and Young V&A opportunities

by Felicity Bush -
Number of replies: 0

Hi there, 

As we come to the end of the semester, I hope all is going well with you. I've included details of a couple of upcoming opportunities below for your interest. 

Careers & Enterprise remains open throughout the breaks with appointments, events, opportunities, and information all available on QM CareersHub (use your normal QM log in details). 

If you have any queries, drop me a line at f.bush@qmul.ac.uk. I'll be away until the 24th April, but I'll get back to you when I return! 

Best, 

Fliss

Careers Consultant for SED

Festivals Assistant Intern – Spitalfields Music

Spitalfields Music is a creative charity, using music to bring diverse communities together throughout East London through the presentation of an annual music festival, featuring world-class performers and composers. The intern will support the successful delivery of their busy festival from 30th June - 12th July. The Festival Assistants will play a key role in engaging with artists, producers and audiences in venues across East London, providing access to world-class musical experiences to thousands of local residents. This opportunity will enable the intern to learn more about organising and running live events; working alongside experienced event producers to understand backstage processes, as well as joining the wider front of house team. The intern will also have the opportunity to engage with world-class musical performers and artists and experience some great music!

Application deadline, Sunday 23 April at 23.59. Apply here: https://qmul.targetconnect.net/leap/jobs.html?id=165983&service=Careers%20Service

Student Consultancy Project

The Student Consultancy Project gives undergraduate students the chance to work in multidisciplinary teams solving problems faced by businesses and charities. Gain first-hand experience working with a client whilst receiving training and support from Queen Mary supervisors! . 

The SCP Summer Sprint is an intensive programme and will take place Monday 5th June – Wednesday 14th June 2023 (8 working days). 

Deadline for applications: Sunday 23rd April 2023 at 23:59. Find out more and apply here!

Young V&A opportunities

The Young V&A will be opening in Bethnal Green on July 1st this year, and for anyone interested in working in museums, heritage or the arts, there are volunteering opportunities that could look great on your CV. They are holding a taster day on 29th April at The Tramshed Community Hub (Digby Street, E2 0ES) when you can drop in any time between 1.30 and 4.30pm, and:

• Learn more about the 4 new volunteer roles: Playmaker, Storymaker, Changemaker and Host
  • Take part in a variety of engaging activities designed to help you get a taster of volunteering at Young V&A
  • Ask questions and meet the team

It would be a great opportunity for anyone looking to build skills supporting young people or to gain creative skills and experience within the art, museum and heritage sector.

Find all the details on the attached flyer; and for anyone that can’t attend the in-person taster day they are also having a virtual taster day on 26th April 6-7pm which you can register for via this link: https://forms.office.com/e/G5H4stiYGs