QMUL Graduate Career Masterclasses - next week!

QMUL Graduate Career Masterclasses - next week!

by Charlotte Brown -
Number of replies: 0

GRADUATE SUCCESS MASTERCLASSES| 6th- 10th June 2022 | online and in-person

We are very excited to present our brand-new series of Graduate Success Masterclasses, which have been designed to help you get ready for life after graduation!

Over the course of the 5-day programme, we will offer online and in-person sessions which will cover a wide range of career and personal development topics. There is something for everyone, from exploring career options to understanding the process of Master applications, up to tailored sessions for international students navigating the UK graduate job market!

Below is a flavour of some key topics covered – to read the full programme of events and to register, please click here

Exploring career options

I’ve graduated. Now what? (Online) 6th June 10:00 – 11:00

This workshop will help you identify your values, skills and strengths and figure our your next career steps

How can I get a graduate job? (Online) 6th June 13:00 – 14:00

In this session, we'll be exploring whether getting a graduate-level job is right for you

Should I do a Masters? (Online) 7th June 11:00 – 12:00

Attend this workshop to find out more about what's involved in a Master's degree

Acquiring skills and work experience

How do I enter an Industry without relevant experience? (In-Person Only) 6th June 13:00 – 14:00 Bancroft 2.40

Join us in this session, where we'll explore the tools and techniques to get into you're preferred industries without having industry-related internship/placement experience

How do I manage my career after graduating? (Online) 10th June 13:00 – 14:00

Hear from a range of recent graduates about how they made the transition to the world of work

Showing your skills to employers

How can I make my application stand out? (Online) 7th June, 16:00 – 17:00

In this workshop, we'll show you how to turn your experiences to your advantage and make your CV and cover letter stand out from the crowd

How Can I Interview Successfully? (In-Person Only) 9th June 11:00 – 12:00 Bancroft 2.40

In this workshop, we'll be helping you to improve your interview skills by looking at body language, question types and how to answer them

For international students

International Students: Graduate Visa Route (In-Person Only) 8th June 12:00 – 13:00 David Sizer Lecture Theatre

This session will tell you more about the Graduate Visa Route and how to apply

International Students: Tailoring your CV to the UK Labour Market (In-Person Only) 8th June 14:00 – 15:00
David Sizer Lecture Theatre

Join us for this masterclass focused on tailoring your CV to the UK market