Booking now - SED Careers Workshops!

Booking now - SED Careers Workshops!

by Charlotte Brown -
Number of replies: 0

Happy January to you all, I hope the semester has started well for you :)

Halfway through the academic year is a great time to do some career thinking and planning so, I’m going to be running some exclusive careers sessions for SED students on Wed 2nd, 9th and 16th February at 1pm and would love you to join me.

They are online, approx. 1 hour long and cover a range of careers topics. Open to all year groups.

I've included more information below about each workshop - please do book onto as many as you like!

Hope to see you soon, Charlotte

Workshop 1: Career Choices - Wed 2nd February 1pm

As a SED student, there are so many career paths potentially open to you. Whether you have clear ideas about what you would like to do after university, or you don't know where to start, this workshop is designed to help you think about the shape you would like your future to take.

We will cover topics that include:

• further study
  • your skills and values;
  • identifying and narrowing down your interests;
  • the job market and coronavirus.

At the end of the session, you will have the tools to build an action plan, putting your goals into manageable next steps.

Book your place: https://qmul.targetconnect.net/leap/event.html?id=9351&service=Careers+Service

Workshop 2: Working for Yourself - Wed 9th February 1pm

Are you interested in being a writer or journalist? Or in working as a freelance practitioner in the arts? Perhaps you have thought about setting up your own production company?

If so, come along to this session to get an overview of working for yourself, including:

freelancing and owning a businesstypes of businessentrepreneurial skillsSED-related businesses.
Book your place:

Workshop 3: Presenting Yourself - Wed 16th February 1pm

In this third exclusive SED careers workshop, Career Consultant Charlotte Brown will share insight into how best to present yourself when job hunting. CV, cover letter, interview and networking tips will be discussed to improve your job search strategy and help you achieve career success.

This session aims to help you explore how to present yourself to potential employers, clients, and contacts in a variety of ways. We'll cover:

Skills and how to describe themCVs and applicationsInterviewsNetworking

By the end of the workshop, you'll have some practical tips to help you put your best foot forward!

Book here: https://qmul.targetconnect.net/leap/event.html?id=9355&service=Careers+Service