LATEST OPPORTUNITIES FOR HISTORY STUDENTS - CAREERS EVENTS, JOBS AND INTERNSHIPS.

LATEST OPPORTUNITIES FOR HISTORY STUDENTS - CAREERS EVENTS, JOBS AND INTERNSHIPS.

by Andrew Walsh -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Everyone,

I hope you're have a great week, please see the new list attached for jobs and internships and lots of things to get involved with below. Read to the end and pick one or two and sign up.

Andy 

Panel Events

Make a Difference: Routes into Teaching, 27th October, 16.00-17.30 – 12 bookings

Have you considered a career in teaching? Would you like to find out more about different routes into teaching? Come and join our panel event where you can hear from professionals and have the opportunity to ask questions.

Make a Difference: Policy, 2nd November, 17.30-19.00 – 21 bookings

Are you interested in a career in policy? This panel conversation and Q&A will be aimed at students seeking a career in policy and will detail the different avenues into the sector. The event will be a great opportunity to learn more about the field from experienced professionals.

All about Inclusion: Entering the workplace with a disability or mental health concern, 3rd November, 15.30-17.00 – 4 bookings

At this event, the panel will share their own experiences about entering the workplace with a disability or mental health concern. You will have the chance to learn about others journeys, ask your own questions and receive valuable advice.

Networking Event

Exploring Science: Women in STEM, 26th October, 17.30-19.00 – 25 bookings

Do you see yourself as a women working in STEM? Come and join us for an interactive networking session where you can meet and present questions to our speakers who all studied STEM subjects and are now working in the field, we have a great mix of speakers signed up who are keen to meet you and speak about their experiences and share tips and advice.

Employer Workshops

How to Succeed in Graduate Scheme Applications – a Frontline Masterclass, 25th October, 12.00-13.00 – 41 bookings

Thinking of applying to a graduate programme? Boost your chances of success with top tips from Frontline’s experienced recruitment team. You will learn everything you need to know about a competency-based approach to recruitment, and we’ll teach you how to ace an application form, excel at a video interview and stand out at an assessment centre. This event will help you apply for any graduate programme, and will be especially useful for anyone applying to the Frontline programme.

People Based Careers: Recruitment at Harnham, 27th October, 12.00-13.00 – 3 bookings

Looking for a people based career after university? Ever thought about sales? Recruitment is a sales based role where you’ll develop relationships with a variety of people and have the opportunity to earn lots of commission and rewards as well. In this session I’ll discuss the opportunities at Harnham, what skills you need to be a successful recruiter and how you can utilise your transferable skills gained through your degree and work experience in the interview process. Please attend if you’re open to hearing about sales based careers or are thinking about careers after university outside of your degree.

CGG: How do physics graduates use their skills to image the subsurface of the Earth?, 3rd November, 12.00-13.00 - 0 bookings

Owen Pape: I’ll be talking about the skills that I developed at university, both technical and soft and how I now use these in my day-to-day professional life imaging the subsurface of the Earth. I agreed to host this event so that I could reach out to students in the institution that I previously attended. The purpose of this is to discuss how I found myself in my current professional role as it’s certainly one that perhaps wouldn’t usually be associated with an Astrophysics graduate.

Publicis Sapient – Hackathon, 3rd November, 17.00-20.00 – 0 bookings

Our 3 hour hackathon will be a great chance for you to build up your portfolio with technologies used in the industry such as APIs and Cloud Services! We’d love to invite you to join us for this evening and network with people from Publicis Sapient and hear about our experience as recent graduates. For all the problem solvers, come up with a creative solution to our theme and there is a prize to be won! You can join as a team, be paired into a team or take part individually!

Civil Service Event Series

The Civil Service Fast Stream are hosting a range of QMUL exclusive events to help our students understand the graduate scheme and share valuable advice on how to navigate the recruitment process.

Civil Service Fast Stream Video Interview Tips, 27th October, 17.30-19.00

Civil Service Fast Stream Assessment Centre Insight, 11th November, 17.30-19.00

QTaster

QTaster virtual visit to Springer Nature, 27th October, 14:00-16:00

Want to know more about a career in publishing? Want to get specific tips and advice for when applying to jobs in the publishing sector? Join us in this virtual visit to one of the leading publishers for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Springer Nature recruit graduates from different disciplines into their different divisions: Editorial, Marketing, Sales, Production, Technology and Group Functions.  

QTaster virtual visit to Liberty Comms, 3rd November, 14:00-16:00

Want to know more about a career in PR and technology communications? Want to get specific tips and information about pathways into PR and the skills needed? Want to get an insight into the day to day work of the employees of an award winning PR agency? Join us in this virtual visit to Liberty Comms an international, award-winning technology communications consultancy.

QMUL Student events/activities

Welcome to the first annual Decolonise Black Heritage Award: an essay writing competition open to students of all degrees and years to celebrate Black History Month. All essay titles are eligible for submission, even if they have already been submitted for university, as long as they relate to black history/politics/experience/identity etc... There will be two rounds of judging, first, a panel of black Queen Mary students, and, second, professors and academics inside and outside of Queen Mary. 

To sign up to be on the panel, please click the link below(we will provide references):

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xNm1glqs4_vuo_TOq19PsMoHlGp-ZtF4FFL0bySja-4/edit 

All submissions should be emailed to decoloniseblackheritageaward@gmail.com with the essay attachment, your name, degree, and year of study. If you have any questions please email us or message us on Instagram, @decoloniseqmul. Good luck! Deadline is the end of October.

External Events

AND Digital - What it is like to work in tech, 10th November, 13.00-14.00

Graduate schemes

BDO is an international accounting firm running various events and schemes from insight weeks to graduate programmes. You do not need a background in accounting to apply and they are looking to hire graduates from a variety of degree disciplines!

For more information please click the link below

https://lnkd.in/d6skBYJC

Internships / Part-time

Full-time positions