Feed-backs for the course

Feed-backs for the course

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 4

Dear friends,

I think we should be writing here our positive or negative comments about the course overall rather than just ''wining'' to each other.

Here I start with few points that I would like you to agree or disagree and hopefully be considered to be improved by the course orginisers:

1-It would be nice to be in the same theatre/room for the same modules even if it might mean the room is slightly smaller( i.e. M.Mason room). C.Kenendy seems to be best if we could get hold of it!

2-Could the lecturers give ''functioning/ accessable'' links for the reading and be more precise with the seminar works please?

I find the structure of the week by week lecture and seminar notes very confusing. Could the lectures go over it and update or attach a link for the each week/ topic under the main menu of the modules informing us for the tasks ?

Only Health, illnesss and society module does this very well.

Filiz

In reply to Deleted user

Re: Feed-backs for the course

by Krishni Ratnam -

I kinda have to agree with Filiz here over the room changes, it can be a bit confusing. Just to add to the point about the set reading, perhaps having a note on the side of each of the set pieces about when each piece of reading should be done by?

In reply to Krishni Ratnam

by Deleted user -

Thanks for highlighting these problems Filiz, yes the room changes can be confusing. I like Krishni's idea about reminders regarding set pieces.

In reply to Deleted user

by George Borrie -

Dear Filiz,

Thank you for your comments/feedback. In terms of the points you mention above:

1. I definitely agree it would be nice to have the same lecture rooms each week. Unfortunately we are restricted with space on the Whitechapel site, but all available slots for Clark Kennedy have been booked. The alternative is to move all lectures to the Michael Mason. Some students have said they find this a bit uncomfortable and squashed- any thoughts?

2. I am not sure what exactly you mean by function/accessible links? Do you mean there are dead links in the reading? If so please let me know which ones and I can fix them straight away. Could you be more specific?

Thanks, George

In reply to George Borrie

by Deleted user -

Thank you George,

1-What about the Garret building ground floor seminar room, is that called Allington? We had He. Inequalities lecture last Mon!

These comments are not aiming to target you or the lecturers in any way. I am aware of the hierarachy in every part of life and I am sure universities are not immun to that. I hope people would pop in to these feedbacks to get our voice heard by the university managment.

2-You understood exactly what I meant: dead links! I could not remember what was it last week but I will let you know at next opportunity.