Health, illness and society module

Health, illness and society module

by Sara Shaw -
Number of replies: 3

I will post any updates on the HIS module here in the future, so please keep an eye out. And let me know if you come across any articles, papers or seminars/events that are particuarly relevant to the course and I can post them here.

In reply to Sara Shaw

Re: Health, illness and society module

by Sara Shaw -

VIRTUAL SEMINARS

Following feedback last week, we have made all of the virtual seminar groups accessible to everyone so that you can SEE other threads/discussions. Please only POST within the seminar group that you have already been allocated to.

In reply to Sara Shaw

by Sara Shaw -

TOPIC 3: PROFESSIONS AND THE CLINICAL RELATIONSHIP

Readings for Topic 3 are now available to download via QMPlus.

The chapter by Donald Light relates to the lecture – it’s not necessary to read it before the lecture, but you may get more from the lecture if you do.

The paper by Shaw and Bailey is linked to the virtual seminar -  you do not need to read it before the lecture.

In reply to Sara Shaw

by Sara Shaw -

See below for follow-up from today's lecture on 'Professions, power and trust'

See here for a list of the material I referred to in the lecture. It's NOT a reading list and there's no expectation that you read these - its simply the materials that I referred to today should you want to follow anything up.

See here for further information on the Expert Patient Programme which, as you'll see, begins to touch on next weeks lecture/seminar focused on the illness experience.

And lastly, see here for a very recent qualitative study focused on the clinical relationship and professional identity, which I did not mention today but which touches on some of the issues raised. It's also a nice example of a qualitative interview study.