THIS PROGRAMME OFFERS SUPPORT FOR ST3’s AND SPIN TEACHING FELLOWS TO TEACH MEDICAL STUDENTS AT THEIR PRACTICE
We role-model a student-centred interactive approach to the workshops drawing on your own learning and educator experiences. Your educator practice and understanding will be developed through:
- sharing ideas
- trying things out
- reading the literature
- teaching students in practice
- reflecting together on the pros and cons of your educational facilitation and any challenges you may be facing with your students.
- 5 half-day interactive workshops (2-5pm) for educator development led by experienced faculty. These are eligible for study leave from ST3 training if approved by your trainer. You will be expected to attend all the sessions.
- Supported opportunity to teach Barts and The London medical students at your practice (see here for our teaching opportunities document). For those of you who do not already have students placed in their practice, then we may be able to arrange for students to come to your practice if your practice agrees to this. Please discuss with your trainer. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org initially.
- Support to apply for Associate Fellowship of the HEA (Higher Education Academy)
- You will also be eligible to attend any of our faculty development days, particularly relevant might be our tutor induction day Wednesday September 18th 2019.