Expand your employability skills and support student academic success, join the PASS mentoring team now!

Expand your employability skills and support student academic success, join the PASS mentoring team now!

by Fathea Khanum -
Number of replies: 0

PASS is a subject-based mentoring scheme, run for first-year students by higher-year undergraduates. Students who work on PASS gain extensive experience in organisation, events management, publicity and most of all clear and tailored communication. Here’s what a current mentor had to say about their experience this year:

‘I've just build an immense amount of character skills as a result of being a mentor and it's been so rewarding not just for me but seemingly for the mentees that participate. We've had the freedom and autonomy really to structure the sessions and tailor them to how mentees need us to. I've developed leadership, public speaking, communication, interpersonal, presentation skills and amongst many more. It's such a creative way to help mentees’.

PASS Mentors are voluntary positions open to students commencing 2nd and 3rd year undergraduate studies. Whilst the position is voluntary, a small £40 bursary is available annually for those who complete training and undertake the required number of sessions. This role gives great exposure to team work, communication and organisational skills. Your involvement will also go on your HEAR transcript and make you eligible to apply for the SEED Award at QM! Application deadline is 31st July 2024.

PASS Student organiser is a paid position and is open to students commencing 2nd and 3rd years undergraduate studies too. This position is a paid position and requires further commitment. This role gives great exposure to team leadership, time management and organisational skills. Your involvement will also go on your HEAR transcript and make you eligible to apply for the SEED Award at QM!  Application deadline is 30th June 2024.

If you are interested in finding out more about both/either roles and applying, please click on PASS Careers page. And scroll down toward the bottom of the page for application forms.

Or alternatively, please do get in touch with me, the PASS Coordinator, Fathea Khanum on f.khanum@qmul.ac.uk