PASS Weekly Reminder (Sem B)

PASS Weekly Reminder (Sem B)

by Thasmitha Varathanathan -
Number of replies: 0

Hi everyone! 

This week we have 3 Pass Sessions happening:

Tuesday at 2-3pm in IQ East Court (Scape): 2.01

and 

Thursday 2-3pm Online (Microsoft Teams) - link will be sent.

and 

Friday 12-1pm in Laws: 119. 

This is a great opportunity for you to come and ask for help if you are struggling with time management, essay layouts, seminar preparation, module choices or anything else that might be a worry to you. Our 2nd year students are keen to share their tips with you and are there to chat! 

We will have mentors from Comparative Literature, Film, Linguistics, Russian, Spanish, and French available. If you would like support for German, send me an email and I will sort it out for you straight away: t.varathanathan@hss21.qmul.ac.uk.

Hope to see some of you there! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me.

PASS- is a mentoring programme for 1st year students run by other students from 2nd and final years. It’s a relaxed, confidential and safe space to practise your content with your peers. 

PASS holds weekly sessions to help you with study-related problems and get general advice on university life. Our goal is to help you settle into your new academic life.

WHAT CAN I GET HELP WITH? 

1. TIME MANAGEMENT 
      2. EXAM PREP
      3. ESSAY LAYOTS AND NOTE TAKING 
      4. MODULE RELATED QUESTIONS
      5. AND MUCH, MUCH MORE… 

HOW WILL PASS BENEFIT ME? 

1. Saves you time
      2. Opportunity to connect with great minded people
      3. Learn from the people who were in the same boat as you 
      4. Gain greater understanding in your subject 

For more information: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/newstudents/becoming-a-queen-mary-student/peer-assisted-study-support-pass/

Best wishes, 
Thasmitha Varathanathan