Support for staff & students during the Israel and Palestine Conflict

Support for staff & students during the Israel and Palestine Conflict

by Elena Moreira -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Students and Staff of SLLF

I hope the semester is going well and that it continues to do so. As Head of SLLF, I want to emphasise that our community of students, academics, advisors and professional services Admin staff, are here to support each other and to ensure that all our students achieve the best degree they possibly can. Staff are available to our students:  come and talk to us during our academics' / advisors' office hours, during the Admin Office opening hours (Arts One Room 1.40 10-4 (10.30 on Wednesdays)), or whenever you see my door open (Arts One Room 1.26).

Israel and Palestine Conflict
I am writing to you today with regard to the escalating situation between Israel and Palestine. This is an horrific situation and I realise that some of you, particularly those with family or friends in Israel, Gaza or the Middle East more generally, are very likely to be affected. My thoughts, and those of all our SLLF and QMUL community, are with you at this time - and the University is putting in place support for those students and staff who are suffering because of the conflict.

For information on the support available for all our students and staff, the University has set out a statement here - but I've summarised the various support below for convenience:   Items - Statement on the conflict in the Middle East - MyQMUL

Just to remind you: Queen Mary is proud of its diverse and inclusive community of students and staff, and I want to be clear that, regardless of the circumstances, we will never tolerate racism, antisemitism, Islamophobia, abuse, incitement or harassment. If you experience or witness anything like this, please report it through Report + Support: Report + Support - Queen Mary University of London (qmul.ac.uk)

Support for staff is available here: Staff Wellbeing Hub Wellbeing - Wellbeing (qmul.ac.uk)

Support for students is available : Student Wellbeing Hub Student wellbeing hub - Student Experience Directorate (qmul.ac.uk)

Summary of additional Student Support
Please look after yourself and others during this difficult time - be kind and be tolerant. Please talk to your advisors, our Professional Services team or myself if you are unsure of how to access support.

Best wishes
Kathryn