Prepare for Finance Week (9th-13th Oct)

Prepare for Finance Week (9th-13th Oct)

by Kristina Tzetzos -
Number of replies: 0

Hi there! To those I haven't met yet, I'm Kristina, the SEF Careers Consultant, letting you know that next week Careers and Enterprise is hosting Finance, Legal and Professional Services Week

What is Finance, Legal, and Professional Services Week

This week will shine a light on the different career opportunities within the finance sector. With spotlights on fintech and investment banking, as well as a panel made up of a broad range of finance professionals, this week’s events will help you determine where your interests fall and how to prepare yourself for a career in this industry.

How do I prepare?

9th October - OPTIMIZING CAREERS EVENTS & NETWORKING WORKSHOP

Students are encouraged to attend to help them feel more prepared about attending Careers events and Networking events for this upcoming year. 

SEF Optimizing Careers Events & Networking

Date: 9th October (Monday) 

Time: 1-2pm

We want you to feel confident about attending Careers events and Networking events throughout your time here at Queen Mary. This workshop will provide best practices for how to interact with potential employers and recruiters.

It is strongly recommended that you attend this workshop to set clear goals and have more confidence going into upcoming Careers Themed Weeks and the SEF Networking Event. This is your opportunity to ask our SEF Careers Consultant directly about any questions you may have before facing employers.

Key takeaways from this prep workshop include:

• ⭐ understanding the value of networking (especially helpful if you're new to the UK)
    • ⭐ a framework for how to introduce yourself to different audiences
    • ⭐a process for building your network
    • ⭐a framework for preparing insightful questions to leave a strong impression on those you meet
    • ⭐understanding the standard dos/don'ts of networking and careers events (speed networking, panels, careers fairs, virtual events) 

How do I get involved?

The images below have a QR code that will take you to Careers Hub, our careers portal. Go to the Events Calendar to see all upcoming careers-related events. 

Calendar of Finance week activities

Legal week events

Professional Services events