no office hours and online panel discussion

no office hours and online panel discussion

by Joep Lustenhouwer -
Number of replies: 0

Dear students,

As I mentioned during the first lecture, I will not have office hours at the regular time coming Friday (instead, please send my an email for an appointment this time).

This is because I co-organize a panel discussion on Friday (23.09) at 2pm BST to which you are all cordially invited. I attach below the information about the event, including the link to the live stream.

But first, see you in Friday's lecture.

Kind regards,

Joep Lustenhouwer

Do sanctions on russia work? A scientific perspective

German/Ukrainian educational NGO “Freundschaft kennt keine Grenzen e.V.", in cooperation with Heidelberg University, the University of Bielefeld, and the University of Bamberg, organizes a fund-raising online panel discussion on the efficacy of sanctions that were imposed on russia due to its ongoing aggression against Ukraine.

How well these sanctions work is of crucial importance for the further development and outcome of the war and, therefore, for the future of Ukraine, Europe and the free world. The panel discussion will give new insights into this topic from a scientific perspective.

The panel discussion takes place on Friday 23.09.2022 at 3 pm CEST (2 pm BST, 9 am EDT) under the following link on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duYOoFd7NGk&ab_channel=FreundschaftkenntkeineGrenzen

The event will include a presentation by Prof. Jeffrey Sonnenfeld  (Yale School of Management), based on a report “Business Retreats and Sanctions Are Crippling the Russian Economy” ( https://sentinela.ro/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/Russian-Economic-Impact-Slide-Deck-July-2022-Copy.pdf ) that was written by him and his coauthors.

Next, there will be a discussion on the topic by the following panel:
- Prof. Tymofiy Mylovanov (former minister of economic development and trade of Ukraine, currently University of Pittsburgh and head of Kyiv School of Economics)
- Prof. Benjamin Moll (London School of Economics)
- Dr. Łukasz Rachel (University College London),
- Prof. Jeffrey Sonnenfeld (Yale School of Management)
- invited journalists

Sanctions