Health Inequalities and Social Determinants of Health INFORMATION

Health Inequalities and Social Determinants of Health INFORMATION

by David Mccoy -
Number of replies: 0

Hi all,

A couple of announcements ....

1. The powerpoint slides from monday's lecture will go up soon. Sorry for delay - but I wanted to add some additional notes to the PP slides. So be sure to see the slides as well as the notes.

2. I am making some changes to the course structure. Next monday, I am going to continue with the topic of 'social inequalities and health' ... because I did not manage to get through all the material last Monday.

3. The lecture on global health policy will follow the week after; and as a result, we are going to cancel the lecture on 'gender and health'. Instead, the week 6 seminar on gender and health will be preceded by a 30 min presentation.

4. Next week's seminar is on the Spirit Level. You will be expected to have read the Spirit Level; and at least some of the criticisms of the Spirit Level. I know you are struggling with the volume of reading material. If you are really unable to get through the reading, then have a look at a video of a debate about the spirit level which took place in 2010 here: http://www.thersa.org/events/audio-and-past-events/2010/the-spirit-level

Thanks!

David