About Peer Assisted Study Support (PASS)

About Peer Assisted Study Support (PASS)

by Hau Tak Daniel Lam -
Number of replies: 0

Dear all,

First of all, a warm welcome to all SBCS students, especially to those who are new to this university and those who are returning. 

To begin with, I am your SBCS Peer Assisted Study Support (PASS) Student Organiser Daniel Lam (Daniel). I am a final year undergraduate Biomedical Sciences student. PASS is a student led service that aims to provide academic advice to students from 1st to 2nd year. Students can come to our regular PASS Sessions to discuss with any issues that they face. But I must clarify that my team and I are NOT TEACHERS, so we will not give you the answer of the problem directly. Instead, we will guide you and advice you in a way such that you can think and be able to tackle the solution efficiently on your own. 

Be aware that PASS sessions are NOT COMPULSORY. This year we would like to promote talks or events or any internship experience in the summer related to science to hopefully enable you to explore your career options and broaden your horizon. I firmly believe that these experiences will make you stand out once you graduate from QMUL. 

We will keep you updated and recommend any reading material or address some issues that everyone faces once everyone has settled in.  Keep checking your QMUL e-mails. Thank you.

PASS sessions times are below:

every Wednesday 12:00-13:00 pm Bancroft building 3.24

every Thursday 12:00-13:00 pm Bancroft building 1.01.1

Kind regards,

Lam Hau Tak Daniel and Khadeejah Syed

SBCS Peer Assisted Study Support (PASS) Student Organisers 2018-2019