Are you passionate about physics? Do you want to share your passion and inspire the next generation of physicists? Being a Queen Mary physics ambassador could be for you.
Each year we employ engaging undergraduate and postgraduate students for paid work helping the Outreach Team. You’ll help run a wide range of fun, engaging events for prospective students, schools and the public to engage people with the exciting research done in the department, inspire young people with physics and maintain our reputation as a fantastic place to study.
So why be an Ambassador? It might be the best job you do during university!
- A generous rate of pay
- Share your passion for physics
- Make new friends
- Take part in interesting events
- Attend training sessions
- Skills for your CV
- No obligation to work if you’re busy
To apply, please fill out this form and pick an interview slot for Wednesday 2 October 2019 between 1-5pm in GO Jones 410A. This is on a first-come first-served basis. Please be prepared to talk about:
- An area of Physics you are interested in (prepared 1min oral presentation, no slides but whiteboard available)
- Why you'd like to be a Physics Ambassador
- What you think you'd bring to the role
Successful candidates will be required to attend an induction from 2-4pm on the Wednesday 9 October 2019. There will also be outreach training on Wednesday 16 October 2-6pm which will be required only if you want to present outreach activities in schools.