Advanced Quantum Theory (AdvQT | INU7001U)
Description: This module aims to:
- review the basics of quantum mechanics so as to establish a common body of knowledge for the students from the different Colleges on the Intercollegiate MSci. programme;
- extend this, by discussing these basics in more formal mathematical terms;
- explore the WKB approximation, as a method for studying tunnelling and quantum wells;
- explore advanced topics in the dynamics of quantum systems; including time-dependent perturbation theory, and the dynamics of open quantum systems;
- provide students with the techniques and terminology which they can apply in specialist courses and in their research projects.
This module is taught at University College London. Students who have taken SPA6325/PHY325 Quantum Mechanics and Symmetry cannot take this module because of the overlapping content.
This course has its own web page.