QMentoring opportunities Summer 2018
Do you receive a QM bursary ? If so you are entitled to apply for the Q mentoring scheme which provides you with a skilled and experienced mentor who can provide invaluable one to one support for you this summer helping you with careers advice, CV writing, securing internships and thinking strategically about your career plan.
This is a great opportunity to get three months one-to-one mentoring support from an experienced professional, to help you get set up for your future career. QMentoring can help you:
· Gain insight to an industry/profession;
· Explore potential career paths;
· Build your professional network;
· Learn how to write persuasive job applications, CVs and/or covering letters;
· Improve your interview technique;
· Find and apply for work experience opportunities.
“QMentoring has been a fantastic way to gain advice and it has raised my confidence hugely when it comes to applying for internships.”
Elena Bozova, Summer 2017 Mentee
What is expected of you?
As a mentee, you will be required to:
· Attend an induction session, launch event and end of scheme celebration;
· Be committed to attending a minimum of six meetings with your mentor, between June to September 2018;
· Maintain a proactive approach to the mentoring relationship and ensure you are regularly communicating with your mentor;
· Provide updates to the QMentoring team (when requested) and inform them if there are any issues with the partnership;
· Complete a pre-mentoring survey and end of scheme evaluation;
· Adhere to the Code of Conduct all at times.
To apply for a place on the scheme, please complete an application form at: https://qmul.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/qmentoring-2018-application-form.
Applications must be submitted online by 5pm on Friday 25th May.
Please note: to be eligible to apply for QMentoring, you must be in receipt of a QM bursary. Further details about the type of bursary are included in the attached information.