Worldview 2018 Photo Competition NOW OPEN!
IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN TO GET YOUR CAMERAS AND SMARTPHONES READY AND POISED TO TAKE PART IN THE ANNUAL SCHOOL OF GEOGRAPHY PHOTO COMPETITION!
We hope that you will share a glimpse of some of the amazing geographical and environmental opportunities here at Queen Mary. So whether you are doing fieldwork, heading home for a weekend break, exploring the capital or working on a placement, we want you to try and capture something extraordinary or thought-provoking that gives people an insight into being a geographer or environmental scientist.
Boundaries – City Life – Resilient Earth – My Place in the World – My Time at Queen Mary
1st place (£50 voucher), runner up (£25 voucher), highly commended (£10 voucher), an alumni prize and a staff prize. There is also a prize for the best photo across all categories representing inclusivity. Voting for a 'People’s Choice' award will also be open after the deadline.
How to submit your photos
- Email images in JPEG format at as high a resolution as possible
- All photos should be captioned with a title, location, date, and
a statement of 50-100 words describing what is shown and how it reflects your
- Each person can submit a maximum of five photographs to the
- The deadline
for entries is midday (12pm) on Friday 2 March 2018.
Photos submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. Winners will be
announced at a special event on Wednesday 14 March.
- Any queries, please contact Bea Nagy email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- Images submitted must be taken by you and by entering them into
the competition you give consent to the School of Geography to use them on our website and other publicity materials. Your name will appear as credit with any image used.
- Entries will be judged by a panel including:
- Head of the School of Geography, Professor Alastair Owens
- Head of Design and Branding at QMUL, Kelly Burrows
- Marketing and Communications Officer in the School of Geography,
- President of the Geography Society, Will Flynn
- President of the Photography Society, Matthew Cheung
So good luck - get snapping! We look forward to seeing your images!
The competition is open to all current and former students and staff of the School of Geography.