Worldview 2017: School of Geography Photography Competition
IT’S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN TO GET YOUR CAMERAS AND SMARTPHONES READY AND POISED TO TAKE PART IN THE ANNUAL SCHOOL OF GEOGRAPHY PHOTO COMPETITION!
We’re hoping our students and staff can help share a glimpse of some of the amazing geographical and environmental science opportunities here at Queen Mary University of London.
So whether you are doing fieldwork, heading home for a weekend break, exploring the capital city or working on a placement, we want you to try and capture something extraordinary or thought-provoking that gives people an insight into being a geographer or environmental scientist.
This year, we are introducing a new prize for alumni entries; as well as a new category 'My Time at Queen Mary'. This new category is open to photos from the past, as well as the present.
Boundaries – City Life – Resilient Earth – My Place in the World – My Time at Queen Mary
1st place (£50 voucher), runner up (£25 voucher), highly commended (£10 voucher), an alumni prize and a staff prize. There is a new prize for the best photo across all categories representing inclusivity. Voting for a 'People’s Choice' award will also be opened after the deadline.
How to submit your photos
- Email images in JPEG format at as high a resolution as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All photos should be captioned with a title, location, date, and a statement of up to 100 words describing what is shown and how it reflects your chosen theme.
- Each person can submit a maximum of five photographs to the competition.
- The deadline for entries is midday (12pm) on Friday 10 March 2017. Photos submitted after the deadline will not be accepted. Winners will be announced at a special event on Wednesday 22 March.
- Any queries contact Bea Nagy email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
- Images submitted must be taken by you and by entering them into the competition you give consent for the School of Geography to use the image(s) on its website and other publicity materials. Your name will appear as a credit with the image in any publication.
- Entries will be judged by a panel including:
- Head of the School of Geography, Professor Alison Blunt
- Head of Design and Branding at QMUL, Kelly Burrows
- Marketing and Communications Officer in the School of Geography, Bea Nagy
- President of the Geography Society, Jason Lynch
- President of the Photography Society, Kapil Pau
So good luck - get snapping! We look forward to seeing your images!